Monday, March 31, 2008

Made in Mexico





Got these down in Algodones, Mexico... I went to a dentist here, Aspen Dental, they said I needed a bunch of work and all my bridges needed replaced. A mere $20,000 plus. For just one cap they wanted $2000+ so I headed online and found http://www.affordabletlcdental.com/
I'm not a stranger to Mexican dentists, but my old dentist had a compatriot that was not too slick at root canals so I was leary of going back to him. Very nice dentist though he was a pastor of a church in Yuma on Sundays.
I spent 6 hours in the Affordable TLC Dental office on a Friday getting two old bridges removed and getting several old crowns removed plus they ground down 6 individual good teeth on my bottom center to do individual crowns on. I returned on the following Monday to make sure their fitting was correct, then again on Wednesday for the final fitting. (I was freaked out bad...!)
The teeth they brought in were horendous, I didn't know how they would ever fix them. So I spent 4 more hours waiting for what all I could describe as/was "Mr. Ed". That's painting it pretty, the front teeth were so huge and butt ugly. Well the dentist made a trip to the lab, his business partner went and the receptionist went too. When they came back I told him I could live with these compared to the others.
I wish they would have numbed me with novacaine to put on the teeth. The teeth that had feeling screamed, I think the dead teeth screamed, but the bottom ones that had never been touched SCREAMED like crazy. I wanted to do one of those blood-curdling screams that you hear in the movies. I had to pop Advil and Tylenol like candy for almost a week to get past the sensitive time.
I plan on looking up some old photos to do a before and after deal. (If you click on individual photos you can get them to blow up for a closer look.)